Halo 3 to feature big a$$ battles

According to the latest Bungie weekly update, and by according to I really mean "reading way too much into", Halo 3 will be set on such a large scale, you may actually feel like your admidst am actual war. Honestly, you got some big party combat in the previous Halos but nothing too epic. I never really felt like I was smack dab in the middle of this huge, ongoing, devastating war. I felt more like the lone warrior who occasionally got some help along the way. I don't know why, but I did. That's way this latest weekly updated got me a little more psyched for the third Halo installment. This selection did it:

At this stage in development, the encounters are very carefully placed. Sometimes that means you're in frantic firefights (on a significantly bigger scale than in Halo 2, although all I will confirm numerically is at least one more Grunt.) but there's also time for exploratory reflection and the, "Oooh, maybe I can climb up there and check that thing out," sort of play.

Don't get me wrong. It's not GTA - it's still Halo, but there's a bigger feeling scope to some of these levels that has me reminiscing about the original game. And yet, conversely, I'm super excited about the new stuff. Using the debug menu, I dropped in a couple of items of new equipment. Maybe they’re for killing, maybe they’re for getting around, maybe they're for both. Who's to say?


Frantic firefights!?!? on a significantly bigger scale than in Halo 2!?!?! I'm looking forward to hopefully having a longer lasting team and some cray war fighting where there's a ton going on around me and the focus isn't just on my battling out some Hunters or Grunts. Not that close and personal combat isn't fun, it's just that we got so much of it with Halo 1 and 2 that I'm looking for something slightly new with Halo 3. Damn, I can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts